Most worthwhile careers require some kind of specialized training. Ideally, therefore, the choice of an __1__ should be made even before choice of a curriculum in high school. Actually, __2__, most people make several job choices during their working lives, __3__ because of economic and industrial changes and partly to improve __4__ position. The "one perfect job" does not exist. Young people should __5__ enters into a broad flexible training program that will __6__ them for a field of work rather than for a single __7__.
Unfortunately many young people have to make career plans __8__ benefit of help form a competent vocational counselor or psychologist. Knowing __9__ about the occupational world, or themselves for that matter, they choose their lifework on a hit-or-miss __10__. Some drift from job to job. Others __11__ to work in which they are unhappy and for which they are not fitted.
One common mistake is choosing an occupation for __12__ real or imagined prestige. Too many high-school students - or their parents for them - choose the professional field, __13__ both the relatively small proportion of workers in the professions and the extremely high educational and personal __14__. The imagined or real prestige of a profession or a White-collar" job is __15__ good reason for choosing it as life's work. __16__, these occupations are not always well paid. Since a large proportion of jobs are in mechanical and manual work, the __17__ of young people should give serious __18__ to these fields.
Before making an occupational choice, a person should have a general idea of what he wants __19__ life and how hard he is willing to work to get it. Some people desire social prestige, others intellectual satisfaction. Some want security; others are willing to take __20__ for financial gain. Each occupational choice has its demands as well as its rewards.
1. A. identification B. entertainment C. accommodation D. occupation
2. A. however B. therefore C. though D. thereby
3. A. entirely B. mainly C. partly D. his
4. A. its B. his C. our D. their
5. A. since B. therefore C. furthermore D. forever
6. A. make B. fit C. take D. leave
7. A. job B. way C. means D. company
8. A. to B. for C. without D. with
9. A. little B. few C. much D. a lot
10. A. chance B. basis C. purpose D. opportunity
11. A. apply B. appeal C. stick D. turn
12. A. our B. its C. your D. their
13. A. concerning B. following C. considering D. disregarding
14. A. preferences B. requirements C. tendencies D. ambitions
15. A. a B. any C. no D. the
16. A. Therefore B. However C. Nevertheless D. Moreover
17. A. majority B. mass C. minority D. multitude
18. A. proposal B. suggestion C. consideration D. appraisal
19. A. towards B. against C. out of D. without
20. A. turns B. parts C. choices D. risks
转载请注明:文章转载自 重庆教师招聘考试网 [http://www.cqbygg.com/]
- 重庆中学教师招聘：华东... 2023-03-21
- 重庆小学教师招聘：重庆... 2023-03-14
- 重庆事业单位招聘：垫江... 2023-03-13
- 重庆江北区教师招聘：重... 2023-03-08
- 重庆江北区教师招聘：重... 2023-03-07
- 重庆巴南教师招聘：2023... 2023-03-02
- 重庆巴南教师招聘：2023... 2023-03-02